Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can't I Just Pretend That Part Isn't There?

114/205  Look, the page count went up.

Here we are.  It happened.  I stayed away from blogging and editing for I think longer than I have since I began this site.  Sure, there are those instances where I would remember, oh, "I've still got to do that," but yet, it still didn't happen.  Life gets in the way, and in this case, life involved a particularly frustrating passage of my manuscript.

If you read it, you may think it was just another section.  But this section included condensed time and changing points of view.   The kind of thing that I would just look at and wonder how I was going to make it something that would be acceptable to the publishing company I'm dreaming of.  But folding the laundry or glancing warily at my iPad won't make that writing any better.  And, honestly, I don't think working on a piece of writing always makes it better, either.  But in this case, I think it might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment