Sunday, November 20, 2011

Losing Momentum

128/207

Well, I picked it up again.

And wow, has it been hard to be motivated.  About a week after I put up the previous post, I got a cut on my eye, which also caused a condition called iritis.  Needless to say, not fun.  And even though I was functional for most of my recovery, it was still a very demotivating thing.  It's hard enough to get working when you're healthy, let alone when you have blurry vision.

I was laying on my couch this evening, thinking about my lack of work on the writing and the blog, when it came to me.  Why not now?

It's a momentum issue.  Once you stop rolling that metaphorical boulder it's so much harder to get it going again.  Once I get used to not editing the book, it's so much harder to pick it up again.  Do I really have to face that embarrassing writing again?  After going for a week (then two, then more) without updating the blog, it gets easier to let that go by, too.

Granted, the work I did today was very short, but at least it counts as something.  I actually picked up the thing and worked again.  If editing is a boulder, I started to budge it a little.  And hopefully that's a first step in getting rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment